on this page you will find information about how your personal data is processed through the website www.smeginstruments.com/it (hereinafter "Site").
We provide this policy not only to comply with our legal obligations on the matter of personal data protection under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter "Regulation"), but also because we believe personal data protection to be a core value of our business. We, therefore, wish to provide you with any information that might help you to protect your privacy and check how your data is used when you browse our website.
Data Controller and Data Processor
The data controller, that is, the decision-maker regarding the processing methods and purposes, is Smeg S.p.A. with headquarters in Via Leonardo da Vinci, 4 – 42016 Guastalla (RE), VAT No. 01555030350 (hereinafter "SMEG").
The Data Processor (hereinafter “DPO”) is the entity in charge of ensuring that Smeg’s processing of personal data complies with the Regulation.
The DPO can be contacted at the following email address email@example.com or via mail by writing to the Smeg headquarters.
Type and source of personal data
Whenever you visit or consult the Site, or when you fill in online forms, for example to request assistance, or even when you decide to receive sales communications, we may process the following personal data (that is, data relating to identified or identifiable persons):
- data provided by you by filling in online forms, for example to request assistance, information about Smeg products and promotions, including therein identification data (name and surname), contact details (email address and place of residency, phone number), any information you provide about the purchased products for which you are requesting assistance and the type of support you are requesting (including therein information in the space dedicated to details of request);
- data we collect while you browse the Site (so-called browsing data), including your IP address, URI address, the time you send your request, the method used to send the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numeric code indicating the status of the response from the server (successful, error, etc.), and other parameters concerning the user’s operating system and IT environment. The transmission of said information is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols. This information is not collected for the purpose of being associated with identified data subjects, but, by its nature, may allow the users to be identified through processes and associations with data held by third parties. The data can be used, among other things, to ascertain responsibility in the event of hypothetical IT crimes to the detriment of the Site.
Purpose and legal basis of personal data processing
Your personal data must be processed to allow you to safely use the Site, to receive assistance for the product or services connected with the product, to manage any additional requests and to receive service communications. With your consent, we may contact you and suggest Smeg products or services we believe may be of interest to you. All the information is provided below. In particular, your data shall be used for the following purposes:
- to allow you to browse the Site safely and improve your browsing experience;
- to fulfil your request for assistance regarding the operation, use and maintenance of an electric appliance or to answer your questions about our products, services and promotions. If we ask you to fill in a form to send us your request, remember that the data entered in the fields marked by an asterisk is mandatory insofar as without this information, it would not be possible to fulfil your request. This data can be collected and processed by us without obtaining your explicit consent insofar as necessary to provide the service you have requested;
- to allow you to register your electric appliance and benefit from any additional guarantees. If, to this end, we ask you to fill in a form, remember that the data entered in the fields marked by an asterisk is mandatory insofar as without this information, it would not be possible to provide the service. This data can be collected and processed by us without obtaining your explicit consent insofar as necessary to provide the service you have requested;
- to receive our newsletter on the world of Smeg and keep in contact with us, in the event you subscribe to the service. In this case, processing is necessary to provide the service;
- to receive sales and promotional communications by automated means, for example via email, SMS, as well as phone calls via an operator for Smeg products, to involve you in market research and surveys to determine the level of customer satisfaction in relation to the products and assistance received, to send you information about initiatives and events organised by Smeg. To this end, your consent is required and therefore constitutes the legal basis for the processing. Unless you object by contacting us at the above contact details, we want to make sure that we only send you information of interest to you. Therefore, we will only contact you with offers or information suited to your profile, based on your preferences, about the products you have registered and the services you use. Remember, if you do not provide your consent or do not submit the information necessary for this purpose, you can still continue to fully and freely use our services, however you will not receive our sales and promotional communications about our products;
- to receive sales and promotional communications from our business partners, for their marketing activities, also based on your preferences and the products you have purchased. To this end, your consent is required and therefore constitutes the legal basis for the processing. Remember, if you do not provide your consent or do not submit the information necessary for this purpose, you can still continue to fully and freely use our services.
If you would like to send us a spontaneous application for employment through the “Career” section, or by sending your CV to SMEG email addresses, we kindly ask you to consult the specific policy on data processing at the following link.
Means of processing
We shall process your data using mainly computer systems and analysis tools operated by authorised, suitably trained Smeg personnel. We take measures aimed at ensuring the application of the principles of fairness, lawfulness and transparency outlined by the applicable personal data protection legislation (including therein the Regulation), safeguarding your confidentiality by means of technical and organisational safety measures that guarantee a level of safety aimed at preventing the loss, unlawful and incorrect use of, and unauthorised access to your data. We may also use digital (email, instant messaging systems etc.), telephone (calls, SMS etc.) and postal communication channels.
Your data will be kept for the period strictly necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and, for civil law purposes, no longer than 10 years.
If you have subscribed to the newsletter or have agreed to receive our sales communications, you can request the cancellation of said services at any time by writing to the contact details provided below. In this case, your data will be stored only to continue providing you with the requested services (e.g. registration of a product for the relative warranty, requests for assistance, etc.).
Disclosure and dissemination of data
To ensure the operation of the Site and provide you with the services proposed, Smeg makes use of third parties. Access to your data by said suppliers is governed by specific contractual agreements limiting the use of such data to the processing necessary to allow the operation of the Site and the services available therein. Said parties act as data processors (hereinafter “Data processors”) and can be held directly liable in the event of non-compliant data processing.
Without prejudice to the disclosures necessary in order to comply with legal requirements, your data may be disclosed to suitably instructed and trained Smeg personnel, or to third-party personnel that works on behalf of and under the instruction of Smeg in the capacity of Data Processors, including companies that provide assistance before and after the sale of the electric appliance. In particular, if you make a request for support or assistance, your data will be accessed by the companies, in the capacity of Data Processors, that offer said services on our behalf and which can access information relating to any reported product faults or malfunctions.
If you provide your consent for marketing purposes, your data may also be processed by marketing companies or other companies, in the capacity of Data Processors, for purposes relating to the management and sending of newsletters and sales information via email, direct selling, market research or other promotional activities, such as competitions and prize events.
In principle, Smeg stores the data in Italy or in the European Union, but certain data may be managed by suppliers located outside the European Union. In these cases, Smeg has stipulated specific contractual agreements binding the supplier not only to the guarantees above, but also to the additional guarantees provided for by the Regulation (e.g. adoption of contracts approved by the European Commission in accordance with the Regulation).
Moreover, for specific needs connected with the location of Smeg’s servers and/or its suppliers, Smeg, in order to provide its services (including therein telephone support and hosting services), also uses suppliers, in the capacity of Data Processors, located in third countries outside the European Union. In this case, Smeg undertakes to ensure adequate levels of protection and safeguarding also by means of contractual agreements, including therein the stipulation of standard contractual clauses. In performing its ordinary business activities, your data may be disclosed to freelancers, consulting companies or other parties that operate as independent Data Controllers.
Moreover, with your consent, your data may be disclosed to other parties in the capacity of independent Data Controllers, including therein SMEG’s business partners, for their own marketing activities or provision of services.
Lastly, in the event that Smeg is involved in corporate transactions, including non-routine ones, the data may be disclosed to parties involved in said operations and to the professional figures that support Smeg or the other parties involved in the above operations, if necessary for the purpose of making the necessary assessments. For more information on the Data Processors that process your data on Smeg’s behalf, you can write to the DPO at Smeg’s head office, or to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Rights of data subjects
The law grants you the right to check how your data is being processed and, if necessary, to restrict its use. You can exercise these rights at any time and free of charge by contacting our company and writing to the contact details provided at the start. Smeg will do everything necessary to facilitate the exercise of your rights. In particular, pursuant to Articles 15-21 of the Regulation, you have the right to:
- receive confirmation of the existence of your personal data, access its content and obtain a copy (right of access);
- update, modify and/or correct your personal data (right of rectification);
- request the cancellation or restriction of the processing of your personal data in the cases provided for by the Regulation, including therein if the data has been processed in breach of the law or in the event storage is not necessary in relation to the scopes for which it was collected or otherwise processed (right to erasure and right to restriction);
- revoke your consent, where given, at any time and without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent given before the revocation (right to withdraw consent);
- within the limits provided for by the Regulation, to receive a copy of the data you have provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form, and to request that said data be transferred to another Data Controller if technically feasible (right to data portability);
- to object to processing in the cases provided for by the Regulation (right to object).
We inform you that requests to erase data are subject to the existing legal and regulatory obligations regarding document retention.
To exercise your rights, you can send an email to email@example.com at any time or write to the Smeg head office at the contact addresses provided above.
When contacting us, be sure to include your name, email address, postal address and/or telephone number so that your request can be efficiently handled.
If you believe your data has not been processed in compliance with the legislation, or if you have any objections to its use, you can submit a claim to the Data Protection Authority in the member state where you reside or work, or in the place where the alleged violation occurred.
Other information - Link
Within the Site, you will also find links to third-party sites; we therefore invite you to read their privacy policies to understand the methods and purposes of your data processing by said sites.
When, through the links on the Site, you access the site https://smeg.registermyguarantee.com/it and fill in the registration form, Smeg S.p.A will process your personal data in order to register your electric appliance, allowing you to check the duration of the conventional warranty and be informed by Smeg on how to protect it with the Plus Valore program. Smeg shall process your data only if you have chosen to receive our updates on the status of the conventional warranty and on how to extend the warranty on your electric appliance by subscribing to an extension program, by filling in the form. The legal basis for the processing has therefore been identified as your consent provided in the manner described above.
Moreover, again with your consent, your data may be processed to receive sales and promotional communications from Smeg also based on your preferences (e.g. sending of newsletters, promotions for certain products and services, discount vouchers, invitations to Smeg initiatives and events, market surveys and research) via email, SMS, operator phone calls.
We remind you that you can revoke your consent at any time without prejudice, continuing to request and use our services.
When you register your product by filling in the form, your data shall be processed on behalf of Smeg by Servizi Domestic & General Italia S.r.l. ("D&G") in the capacity of Data Processor.
If, on the other hand, you wish to purchase the Plus Valore program and proceed to fill in the additional sections on the site https://smeg.registermyguarantee.com/it/#/, your data will be processed by D&G in the capacity of independent Data Controller.
Last update 24/11/2022